INDUSTRIAL DIESEL GENERATORS – RENT VS BUY?
One of the most common questions our customers ask is whether to buy or rent their next generator. Whether for industrial, mining, construction or even home use, there are a few key factors to consider before deciding what suits your requirements best.
WHAT VIKING INDUSTRIAL OFFER
On top of that, our qualified Service Department delivers 24/7 maintenance and support across most of Australia, with five branches nationwide.
We provide turnkey power solutions that are transparent and worry-free.
No matter the size of your project, we will be there every step of the way.
Viking Industrial provides confidence, support, and ongoing assistance to keep your project moving forward from initial planning, maintenance, and service throughout the job and even in shutdown.
- Quote and comparison for both rent and buy options
- Fuel consumption guides for both short-term and long-term
- 24/7 service options
- Advice on correct sizing for the project
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
Customers depend on us for advice that can save them on fuel costs and potential downtime. Our team has the tools and experience to help make your decision easier.
- What are you powering?
- Do you need Standby, Prime or Continuous Power?
- How much power will you need to safely and confidently do the job?
- What will be the run-time of your generator? Fuel usage is crucial to the overall cost.
- Does your budget allow for upfront costs, or would you prefer to spread costs over the length of the project?
- Who is paying the bill? If the charges are passed on to the client, they may want a say in which option to choose.
- How long will your project last?
- Will your requirements change along the way? Renting can provide the flexibility to adapt to the specific needs of each stage in the project.
- Are you equipped to maintain your generators, or will you need a service team?
- Can you afford to have downtime in cases of breakdown or maintenance?
- 24/7 support and modern equipment mean less downtime and less liability.
RENTING – PROS AND CONS
|Low upfront costs||It can be more costly for long-term projects|
|Less responsibility for maintenance||There will always be a cost associated with your power supply|
|Flexibility to adjust equipment throughout project stages (grow with the job)|
|Rental Equipment is often higher spec than requirements|
|A wide range of rental equipment is often in stock and close by, with five locations Australia wide|
PURCHASING – PROS AND CONS
|Potential savings for long-term projects||Higher upfront costs|
|Custom configuration options are endless||Maintenance will be an extra expense|
|Power on-hand at all times, no need to search for rental in an emergency||Equipment will age over time through repeated use|
|No ongoing payments||There may be lead times for custom orders|
RENT VS PURCHASE QUESTIONNAIRE
When considering rental vs purchase for your project, here are some initial questions you can think about, which will help the process when talking to our team.
- What do I need to power?
- Do I need standby, prime or continuous power?
- Where will the generator/s be located?
- How long is the project?
- Are there extreme weather conditions to consider?
- Do we have scheduled downtime to allow for servicing?
- What will the run time be?
- Who is footing the bill for fuel costs?
- Will my power needs be the same throughout the life of the project?
- Do we need servicing and support?
- Will we be able to use the generator/s elsewhere once the job is complete?
- What is our budget?