Double hung windows Miami Guide - ABEX Impact Windows
Contact ABEX Impact Windows for a FREE consultation before deciding on purchasing impact windows in Miami Beach, Aventura, Hallandale Beach, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Hollywood Florida or any city in Miami-Dade or Broward county
Do you need replacement windows but aren’t sure which style is best for your home? A double-hung window is a great option that can provide you with beautiful views of the outdoors while also increasing the energy efficiency of your home.
What is a Double-Hung Window?
Choosing replacement windows for your home can seem overwhelming at first. At Stanek®, our experts understand that you’re making an investment. That’s why we offer a wide range of custom-designed windows to fit your everyday needs. One of our most popular replacement window styles is the double-hung window. A double-hung window has two sashes in a single frame, with both sashes able to slide up or down independently of one another. The sashes are flush with the wall, even when the window is open.
Stanek offers several double-hung window configuration options to choose from, including where you would like the meeting rail to appear in order to maximize your views or create a unique look for your home. (The meeting rail is the part of the window where the top and bottom sash meet.) Our double-hung windows also feature low-profile locks, which secure the sashes together for an air-tight fit. The low profile ensures the locks can’t be seen from the outside. The other custom options we offer are, energy-efficient glass, interior and exterior colors, hardware finishes, designer glass, and decorative grids. Our custom options allow you to design the perfect double-hung window for your home.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Double-Hung Windows:
- Advantage: Both sashes on a double-hung window can slide up or down independently to provide maximum ventilation. Double-hung windows also tilt-in for easy cleaning.
- Advantage: Double-hung windows are easy to clean and are an ideal fit when the height of the window opening is taller than the width.
- Advantage: Stanek brand double-hung windows’ triple weather seal and multiple bulb seals mean that our windows have some of the best air infiltration ratings in the industry. Not only that, but our double-hung windows have among the highest design pressure rating (DP) and can withstand exceptionally strong winds!
- Advantage: Our double-hung windows have outstanding security, with low-profile, double cam locks that join at the sashes for an extremely secure and tight seal.
- Disadvantage: Double-hung windows have a meeting rail (the horizontal bar) in the center of the window that can potentially be at eye level. This could prohibit your view of the outdoors depending on the location of the window. However, with Stanek double-hung windows, you can choose the placement of the meeting rail, which enables you to position it in a place that doesn’t obstruct your view.