Why Vacuum Cleaners Break: How Much Does a Repair Cost in Boulder
If you have a vacuum cleaner that has stopped working due to a mechanical issue, then you may be wondering how much it will cost for Boulder vacuum repair services. The answer depends on the type of problem and where the vacuum is located. If your vacuum doesn’t turn on or makes a funny noise when you try to use it, then there’s likely an electrical issue which can often be repaired by replacing the motor brushes inside of the machine. A broken belt could also cause this issue and is something that should always be replaced with every new belt purchase.
Like any other appliance, a vacuum cleaner is going to need repair at some point. Unlike appliances that you can replace with new ones, you may want to get your vacuum repaired before it breaks down completely and becomes an expensive fix.
How much does vacuum cleaner repair cost?
The cost for vacuum cleaner repair in Boulder, CO depends on where the problem is and what needs to be done. If you need a new belt, then it will usually only take about thirty minutes with our handy do-it-yourself instructions included. However, if your vacuum stopped working due to an electrical issue or because of something broken inside like the electric motor brushes, then it will require more time and labor to fix.
For a vacuum cleaner with an electrical problem or if your electric power cord is broken, the cost for vacuum repair in Boulder can range anywhere from $117-$120 on average. For those who need their belt replaced or have other do-it-yourself repairs that don’t require any other parts, then the cost for vacuum repair in Boulder CO is typically around $20.
The most common reason that a vacuum cleaner breaks down is because of an electrical issue. This can often be repaired by replacing the electric motor brushes or simply installing a new belt if it’s old and worn out. The more time-consuming fix will be if the vacuum stopped working because of something broken inside like a belt or electric motor.
The cost of vacuum appliance repair services may vary depending on what is being repaired. Replacement cords, rollers or hoses can be purchased for $15-$35, on average. Replacements for the handle run between $5 and $25, on average.
Common items that need replacement often are the filter, a belt, and bags. A bag is going to cost anywhere from $3-$10 depending on what make the vacuum cleaners is. Labor costs depend on who you make an appointment with. Expect labor to be around 15% of the total bill.
What are the extra costs?
Most Boulder CO vacuum repair service center will offer you a home visit if your vacuum needs fixing. The charge for this service can range from $45 – $85, depending on the distance to drive.
Tips to know:
General Vacuum Repairs in Boulder Colorado. A professional technicians will diagnose any issues your vacuum might have and replace any necessary parts, which not only saves you time and money but also keeps the vacuum working well for much longer. There are many benefits to taking your vacuums to a qualified repair center instead of purchasing a new one every few months or so.
- Most of these repairs should be completed within 3 days.
- A common problem with vacuum cleaner is that it overheats. If your vacuum has overheated, allow 30 minutes to see if it restarts.
- If it doesn’t work in an outlet, try plugging it into another to see if the problem gets resolved.
- To keep your vacuum operating at its best, be sure to replace worn-out belt sections and clean the bag when it’s full.
- Never vacuum up solid objects on the ground, such as coins. These can damage the blower.
- If you notice reduced efficiency or experience a clog, try replacing the belts and bag. Also make sure to clean or replace the filters and check for any debris that could be blocking the airways.
- Check the brush roller to determine if it can roll freely. If there is evidence of something getting caught, such as a wire sticking out or bent metal, then you may have to replace the roller or bearings.
- If your vacuum does not turn on, try flipping it over to see if the brush is turning. If not, follow the wires and circuit checker.
How can I save money?
Consider doing the repair yourself. Thousands of YouTube videos are available which show you how to fix minor problems.
If the problem is severe, replacing the vacuum will be cheaper. If repairs cost more than $75, it’s best to consider buying a new vacuum which typically costs $150 to $200. Unless the old vacuum was expensive (over $500), make sure repair makes sense before purchasing one.
Some vacuum cleaners have a warranty. This is typically one year and covers repairs for at-home use only, meaning that any types of damage to the vacuum due to traveling are not covered by this policy.
Calling or visiting a vacuum cleaners repair service center in Boulder Colorado (should) always be the first step in determining an estimate.
For more information on Boulder vacuum cleaner servicing or repairs, get in touch with our team today.